ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTS THAT WORK (FOR REAL) 2022
The arrival of summer brings with it the appearance of mosquitoes. Tiny insects sneak everywhere, and it seems that they will never disappear. But it turns out that there are plants that are naturally repellent to keep mosquitoes at bay. Each one works in a different space, so it’s time to take notes and enjoy the summer to the fullest. Discover how to repel mosquitoes very effectively!
- THREE ANTI MOSQUITO PLANTS FOR OUTDOORS
- Chinese carnation, very powerful against mosquitoes
- Lavender, a mosquito repellent plant that smells great
- Lemon geranium, antimosquito scent in the garden
- Citronella, the most widespread mosquito repellent plant
- AROMATICS ANTI MOSQUITOES IN THE LIVING ROOM AND DINING ROOM
- Salvia, a powerful antimosquito plant
- Basil, antimosquito and aromatic
- Peppermint, a fresh scent to ward off mosquitoes
- Hyssop, the antimosquito with a thousand uses
- Ruda, a very durable antimosquito
- DELICIOUS PERFUMES THAT ANNOY INSECTS
- Thyme, mosquito repellent, and delicious in your recipes
- Natural jasmine, a precious plant that repels mosquitoes
- Laurel, a natural repellent
- 2 large LIVE Citronella Mosquito repellent plants...
- Citronella Mosquito plants (Citrosa Geranium) are...
- These lemony-scented citronella plants keep an...
- With lush, green foliage, and the occasional...
- Our plants are fast shipped for MAXIMUM freshness....
- A fast growing annual for zones 4-7 that produces...
- Naturally provides a protective barrier in your...
- A natural deterrent for a buzz free yard
- Grows in sun to part sun. Adapts to most soil...
- Zones 8 plus - grows up to 6 feet tall. Ships in...
- 【NON TOXIC & DEET FREE PLANT BASED...
- 【FIERCELY EFFECTIVE AND LONG BURN TIME】 Each...
- 【OPTIMAL PLACEMENT OF STICKS】 We suggest you...
- 【ENJOY YOUR ANY OUTDOOR ACTIVITY】Whether at...
- 【QUALITY ASSURANCE】12PCS each packahing, Our...
- Quick acting formula
- EPA registered in all 50 states
- Available in a 30oz size
- OFF! Botanicals Insect Repellent Spritz...
- Made with a plant-based active ingredient and...
- Pump spritz allows for easy application and...
- Proven to protect from mosquitoes* (Every OFF!...
- Repels mosquitoes that may carry West Nile virus
- A fast growing annual for zones 4-7 that produces...
- Please note: Our shipping occurs only one time for...
- All orders Daylily nursery brand and are grown...
- Zones 8 plus - grows up to 6 feet tall.
- Naturally repels mosquitoes while attracting...
- Kills mosquitoes before they're old enough to bite
- The only product with bti, bacteria toxic only to...
- Lasts for 30 days and treats 100 square feet of...
- Non-toxic to all other wildlife , pets, fish, and...
- Labeled for organic gardening by the usepa
- Our All Natural Mintronella Bamboo Brown Mosquito...
- 100 Sticks Per Pack. 11 Inches Long. Sticks ar...
- Burn 30 to 45 Minutes Each on average
- Place lowest to the ground when possible. Place in...
- Made In America. Local Veteran Owned and Operated...
- 2 large LIVE Lemongrass Mosquito repellent plants...
- Lemongrass plants (cymbopogon citratus) are...
- Our plants are edible and can be used as spice in...
- THESE LEMONY-SCENTED live lemongrass plants have a...
- They are also lovely garden plants and grow well...
THREE ANTI MOSQUITO PLANTS FOR OUTDOORS
Chinese carnation (the one with orange flower), lavender (the one with lilac flower), lemon geranium, and citronella, in small pots and united in a tray, will allow you to enjoy the outdoors, without the annoying insects. These outdoor plants will help you keep them at bay.
CHINESE CARNATION, VERY POWERFUL AGAINST MOSQUITOES
It is a potent plant since it manages to ward off flies and mosquitoes, and its flowering lasts all summer and very effectively. Its smell is genuinely unbearable for many insects. It is found in flower beds and needs sun and moderate watering.
LAVENDER, A MOSQUITO REPELLENT PLANT THAT SMELLS GREAT ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTS
The perfume of the Cantueso variety, typical of the Mediterranean, repels flies, horseflies, and mosquitoes. So it also becomes an exciting ally when it comes to repelling mosquitoes. It is a plant that grows well in pots and planters, so it is ideal for placing in the garden or even on balconies. However, it also works in very bright interiors. It does not need much watering since it does not support flooding.
LEMON GERANIUM, ANTI MOSQUITO SCENT IN THE GARDEN – ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTS
This mosquito plant boasts bright green leaves and velvety texture and pink or white flowers that bloom in late winter to early summer. It is an excellent repellent for mosquitoes since they cannot stand its intense lemon aroma. Its essential oil, mixed with almond oil, can be applied to the skin to avoid stings. It is a highly recommended plant outdoors and in full sun since it tolerates high temperatures and requires little water.
CITRONELLA, THE MOST POPULAR MOSQUITO REPELLENT PLANT
Citronella is a trendy antimosquito plant for its unmistakable lemon aroma and excellent properties that effectively repel flies and mosquitoes. Not forgetting its oil, ideal for skincare, but also very useful as a mosquito repellent. It is perfect for placing outside since it does not require much care.
AROMATICS IN THE LIVING ROOM AND DINING ROOM – ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTS
There are perfect indoor plants to ward off critters. Place them next to doors and windows: their aroma will prevent insects from entering, and the air will carry their scent throughout the room. Those that work are aromatic plants such as sage, basil, mint, hyssop, or rue; they drive away from the main insects of the summer: flies and mosquitoes. Enhance its effect by burning incense or rosemary sticks, as the smoke stuns insects and drives them away, or by lighting candles with aromatic essential oils.
SALVIA, A POWERFUL ANTI MOSQUITO PLANT
You will protect them from parasitic insects close to other plants since it is a perfect repellent to ward off flies and mosquitoes. However, it is necessary to be careful since it is a very invasive plant and its roots give off substances that can inhibit the growth of nearby others. Ask for light and little water.
BASIL, ANTIMOSQUITO AND AROMATIC
Basil is an antimosquito plant that manages to repel whiteflies and mosquitoes, but, in addition, it can also be toxic to its larvae. Without a doubt, it is a powerful and very effective insect repellent. It is highly recommended to put it in a pot and place it near doors or windows. I do not forget that it can also cook a wide variety of recipes.
Images for ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTS
- citronella grass
- perennial plants
- indoor plants
- repel insects
- mosquito repelling
- repelling plants
- mosquito killer
- citronella geranium
- mosquitoes away
- bug repellent
PEPPERMINT, A FRESH SCENT TO WARD OFF MOSQUITOES
This plant fulfills a double function: it effectively repels mosquitoes, but it is also beneficial to alleviate the discomfort caused by bites. The way to do it is to use peppermint in its oil form. Now, it is a plant that requires care and, above all, good drainage. It grows horizontally; therefore, choosing the right pot is vital: wide and about 20 cm deep.
HYSSOP, THE ANTIMOSQUITO WITH A THOUSAND USES
An aromatic herb from the Lamiaceae family that serves a multitude of uses. Perfect for the kitchen, herbalism, beekeeping, and even for the distillation of liquors. Now, it is also a powerful mosquito repellent. It needs a lot of sun and the temperature of a temperate climate and irrigation in times of little rain.
RUDA, A VERY DURABLE ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTs
A plant native to the Mediterranean and Asia, it is composed of leaves with a characteristic color – a shade between green and blue – and yellow flowers. Small in size, it is characterized by having hard and branched stems.
An excellent aromatic plant to repel mosquitoes and lasts many years in life requires moderate watering and plenty of sunlight, but better not direct.
DELICIOUS PERFUMES THAT ANNOY INSECTS
THYME MTIMOSQUITOS AND DELICIOUS IN YOUR RECIPES
It is a small plant that repels parasites and attracts bees causing them to eliminate less necessary insects. It is made up of green leaves with yellow edges and tiny purple flowers. It is characterized by being very resistant, so it overcomes frosts and droughts. In addition to its powerful antimosquito function, it is also used to make infusions and flavor many recipes.
REAL JASMINE, A PRECIOUS PLANT THAT REPELS MOSQUITOES
It is a natural and very effective remedy to repel mosquitoes and flies. Above all, for its intense fragrance that becomes a barrier for mosquitoes. Excellent for lining bars and lattices, but needs good support.
LAUREL, A NATURAL REPELLENT
A perennial shrub that can grow up to 10 meters tall, With a greenish-gray trunk and a large number of bluish leaves, it is a natural mosquito repellent to consider. It turns out that its perfume keeps flies and wasps away. It is ideal for placing it at the house entrance since it allows you to take advantage of its flavoring leaves inside. They can also serve as a condiment for multiple recipes!
They are great plants to eliminate these tiny insects that are so annoying in spring and summer. And it is that with the arrival of good weather, they also want to come out of their hiding places. The final goodbye!
The five best anti-mosquito plants
Plants can be an excellent natural repellent to keep mosquitoes out of your home. Several anti-mosquito plants with specific characteristics make them more or less suitable for different environments.
This article will find information about the five most effective plants for mosquito control, with characteristics and properties.
Plants to control mosquitoes
The Camera is one of the most effective plants for mosquito control, thanks to the presence of Catalpol (four times higher than other ornamental plants), a repellent substance contained in abundance in its leaves.
This plant is protected by the European Patent and can be identified by a tear-resistant label on the canopy with a unique control code and by an indelible stamp printed on the stem; it is protected under the brand Ambrös’ Plants.
The Camera is a plant of the Bignoniaceae family native to Boreal America and can exceed 3 meters in height. In Spain, it grows without difficulty, even in northern regions with a harsher climate, and does not require special maintenance. Its leaves are odorless, and the plant does not produce flowers.
The Camera is also available in pots and is suitable for apartments, offices, or other interior spaces.
The plant can repel mosquitoes in a radius of 4 to 5 meters.
2. Lemongrass – ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTs
Lemongrass has long been known as an effective plant against mosquitoes.
It is also widely used to make candles with a repellent effect, ideal for balconies and terraces.
Lemongrass is an evergreen, herbaceous plant native to South Asia. The most effective varieties to use as a repellent are Cymbopogon Nardus and Cymbopogon winterianus.
In English, it is commonly called lemongrass because of its lemon-like smell. The plant has a bushy shape, with deep green leaves, and can reach a meter in height. In Asia and Africa, it is also used in cooking as an ingredient in herbal teas, soups, and sauces.
3. Catnip – ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTS THAT WORK (FOR REAL) 2022
According to numerous studies, catnip, scientifically known as Nepeta cataria, is a powerful mosquito repellent, including the one conducted at Iowa State University by researcher Chris Peterson.
The plant grows in temperate Europe and is therefore very easy to grow in Spain. The name “catnip” comes from the fact that it is a highly sought-after plant by cats that eat it to improve digestion or to cleanse the stomach of the hair that they often swallow when licking themselves.
A much more effective plant against mosquitoes than DEET, the main chemical used in repellants,
4. Monarda – ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTS THAT WORK (FOR REAL) 2022
Monarda is the anti-mosquito plant with the most beautiful fuchsia flowers! Native to North America and belonging to the Lamiaceae family, it grows easily and quickly.
The Monarda, the sun, is not afraid of drought and is very resistant. Therefore, it is an excellent balcony plant from all points of view.
The aroma of its leaves is sometimes reminiscent of incense and sometimes bergamot about the variety (for example, Monarda Didyma and Monarda Citriodora). The dried leaves are used in tea or to make scented linen bags.
5. Lavender – ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTS THAT WORK (FOR REAL) 2022
Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) is probably the best indoor mosquito plant for its pleasant aroma and blue flowers and for the ease with which it can be grown in a pot.
Its cultivation is very simple since the plant does not require any special attention, and its repellent effect against mosquitoes and flies is proven.
As an anti-mosquito plant for balconies, lavender is also excellent for the scenic effect of ensuring your bushes.
The dried leaves can also store in scented linen bags.
Mosquito Control Plants: Do They Work?
Many experiences and direct studies prove the mosquito repellent effect of plants proposed in this article.
Of course, you will have to use common sense and “gauge expectations” about the environment and the arrangement of the plants.
One of these plants in a single pot cannot be expected to keep mosquitoes out of open spaces and several square feet or worse, on windy days.
However, if you place several pots or plants in strategic points on your terrace or house, the mosquito repellent effect will help you a lot! The cost of these plants is low, so it is best to combine them and then choose to keep those with which you are most happy.
Related searches ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTS
- Image of Citronella plant
- Citronella plant
- mosquito repellent plants outdoor
- 25 plants that repel mosquitoes
- citronella grass
- plants that repel flies and mosquito
- perennial plants that repel mosquitoes
- mosquito repellent plants indoor
- citronella mosquito plant
ANTI-MOSQUITO PLANTS THAT WORK (FOR REAL) 2022